Focus - FIFA World Cup 2010
A series of features looking at the expected impact of the World Cup, which starts tomorrow (11 June) in South Africa.
Starting tomorrow (11 June), the FIFA World Cup football tournament has finally arrived in South Africa. In our last feature on the biggest sporting event in the world, Olly Wehring takes a look at how the country's winelands are gearing up for the football-fest.
This week sees the FIFA World Cup kick off in South Africa. Whilst corporate sponsor The Coca-Cola Co looks set to score highly from the tournament, what of South Africa's indigenous soft brands? Annette Farr considers the opportunities the event will open up, both domestically and abroad.
In the latest of his series of quarterly columns assessing potential shocks which the drinks sector may face, Chris Hart, a partner at business performance consultancy McKinney Rogers, reminds readers of the vital contingency planning that should not be forgotten in the excitement of preparing for a big sports event.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages