Focus - Coca-Cola Co vs. PepsiCo
The two soft drinks leaders reported their full-year results this week. How do they compare?
The bitterest rivalry in the soft drinks market and arguably in the entire consumer goods arena is that between Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. Conveniently for those wishing to see how that battle is progressing, the two companies publish their annual results within a few days of one another. Ben Cooper takes a look at their performances and assesses who currently has the bragging rights.
US soft drinks giant PepsiCo has reported a 16% increase in full-year profits, driven by healthy gains in its international beverage and worldwide snack businesses.
The Coca-Cola Co has reported an increase in fourth quarter profits, boosted by volume sales in international markets such as India and China.
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends