Focus - Coca-Cola Co vs. PepsiCo
The two soft drinks leaders reported their full-year results this week. How do they compare?
The bitterest rivalry in the soft drinks market and arguably in the entire consumer goods arena is that between Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. Conveniently for those wishing to see how that battle is progressing, the two companies publish their annual results within a few days of one another. Ben Cooper takes a look at their performances and assesses who currently has the bragging rights.
US soft drinks giant PepsiCo has reported a 16% increase in full-year profits, driven by healthy gains in its international beverage and worldwide snack businesses.
The Coca-Cola Co has reported an increase in fourth quarter profits, boosted by volume sales in international markets such as India and China.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits