Round-Up - Diageo North America Investor Conference - Nov 2011
Ahead of a day of presentations to analysts and fund managers in New York, Diageo hosted a day of seminars and discussion with ten journalists - one of which was from just-drinks. Here's our coverage of the event.
Diageo has cut its focus on its lower priced vodka brands in the US, as it ramps up attention for the premium-and-above vodkas in its portfolio.
You may have noticed that we have a hot topic running on just-drinks at the moment, concerning my recent jaunt to New York. Travelling on Diageo's dollar, I crossed the Atlantic earlier this week, to spend two days in the company of the wine and spirits giant's executive team.
The CEO of Diageo has warned that any renewal of the company's partnership with the owners of the Jose Cuervo Tequila brand would require “some revision” of the existing agreement.
Diageo is lining up an extension for its Captain Morgan rum brand in the US.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute