Round-Up - Diageo North America Investor Conference - Nov 2011
Ahead of a day of presentations to analysts and fund managers in New York, Diageo hosted a day of seminars and discussion with ten journalists - one of which was from just-drinks. Here's our coverage of the event.
Diageo has cut its focus on its lower priced vodka brands in the US, as it ramps up attention for the premium-and-above vodkas in its portfolio.
You may have noticed that we have a hot topic running on just-drinks at the moment, concerning my recent jaunt to New York. Travelling on Diageo's dollar, I crossed the Atlantic earlier this week, to spend two days in the company of the wine and spirits giant's executive team.
The CEO of Diageo has warned that any renewal of the company's partnership with the owners of the Jose Cuervo Tequila brand would require “some revision” of the existing agreement.
Diageo is lining up an extension for its Captain Morgan rum brand in the US.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review