Round-Up - Diageo North America Investor Conference - Nov 2011
Ahead of a day of presentations to analysts and fund managers in New York, Diageo hosted a day of seminars and discussion with ten journalists - one of which was from just-drinks. Here's our coverage of the event.
Diageo has cut its focus on its lower priced vodka brands in the US, as it ramps up attention for the premium-and-above vodkas in its portfolio.
You may have noticed that we have a hot topic running on just-drinks at the moment, concerning my recent jaunt to New York. Travelling on Diageo's dollar, I crossed the Atlantic earlier this week, to spend two days in the company of the wine and spirits giant's executive team.
The CEO of Diageo has warned that any renewal of the company's partnership with the owners of the Jose Cuervo Tequila brand would require “some revision” of the existing agreement.
Diageo is lining up an extension for its Captain Morgan rum brand in the US.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India