Comment - Spirits - Cognac
By: Richard Woodard
Richard Woodard's take on the International Cognac Summit.
Cognac has caught the eye of high-profile bartenders around the world, but producers need to add a little more style to their substance if they are to win over new, cocktail-loving consumers, argues Richard Woodard following a visit to the International Cognac Summit.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has significantly raised its marketing spend on Courvoisier Cognac in the UK this year, in a sign that the firm has more confidence in the market.
Weaker Cognac sales caused French spirits exports to fall significantly in 2009, according to trade body Fédération des Exportateurs de Vins et Spiritueux (FEVS).
Courvoisier, the Cognac arm of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, remains cautious on talk of an economic recovery in its key US market, but the group is increasingly upbeat about the UK, Russia and Asia.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts