Whyte and Mackay
On Thursday, Diageo will report its preliminary full-year results. Here just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its final qua...
As expected, Diageo has stepped up its bid to take majority control of India’s United Spirits Ltd (USL). The UK-headquartered company has la...
Gruppo Campari's CEO has sidestepped questions over a possible swoop for Whyte & Mackay (W&M), insisting the company will first focus on ass...
One of the spirits industry's longer-running sagas gained an extra chapter this week when Diageo announced that it is willing to sell off a...
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Paul Varga, the CEO of Brown-Forman discussed the company's portfolio and prospects in emerging markets. In this second - and final - part, Varga details the company's take on the mergers & acquisitions scene in the global spirits industry, and the roll of innovation as an alternative to M&A.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010.
Emperador Inc's namesake brandy became the second-largest spirits brand in the world last year, but still trails far behind HiteJinro's South Korean soju Jinro, new figures show.
Whyte & Mackay has unveiled a new embossed bottle for its Glayva whisky liqueur ahead of a UK marketing push.
Here's a run-down of some of the top research reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Emperador Inc is set to acquire Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m).
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire