UK Wine and Spirit Trade Association
George Osborne must think he can walk into any pub in the UK today and be treated to a free pint....
The debate around minimum pricing in the UK is starting to feel more than ever like a can of worms. I'm not quite sure, however, who has got...
After nearly 20 years of working in the beer and spirits categories, Andrew Carter pitched up at Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) last year charged with leading the group's Europe, Middle East and Asia region. Travel Retail also falls under his remit. So, how's he finding the challenge? just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, caught up with him at ProWein in late-March.
Last week, the UK government published a consultation document which many believe to be the prelude to tighter legislation on alcoholic drinks. In this month’s Just the Answer interview, Jeremy Beadles, chief executive of the UK’s Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA), takes the opportunity to put the industry’s case for the retention of self-regulatory control, and suggests the Government is basing its position on flawed analysis.
Flavoured and spiced rums saw impressive growth in the UK off-trade over the early summer, while imported whiskies also performed strongly, latest figures show.
The Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) has revamped its website, allowing members to search its database of checklists and guidance for the UK market.
The Wine and Spirit Trade Association has branded as “fundamentally flawed” an investigation from senior doctors that claims the UK government was “subverted” by the drinks industry over a U-turn on minimum pricing.
The Wine & Spirit Trade Association has officially launched its campaign to persuade the UK Government to end automatic duty increases in next year's Budget.
UK on-trade sales of single malt Scotch whisky have slowed towards the end of this year, new figures have shown.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller