UK Wine and Spirit Trade Association
George Osborne must think he can walk into any pub in the UK today and be treated to a free pint....
The debate around minimum pricing in the UK is starting to feel more than ever like a can of worms. I'm not quite sure, however, who has got...
After nearly 20 years of working in the beer and spirits categories, Andrew Carter pitched up at Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) last year charged with leading the group's Europe, Middle East and Asia region. Travel Retail also falls under his remit. So, how's he finding the challenge? just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, caught up with him at ProWein in late-March.
Last week, the UK government published a consultation document which many believe to be the prelude to tighter legislation on alcoholic drinks. In this month’s Just the Answer interview, Jeremy Beadles, chief executive of the UK’s Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA), takes the opportunity to put the industry’s case for the retention of self-regulatory control, and suggests the Government is basing its position on flawed analysis.
Sparkling wine continues to be the star performer in the UK off- and on-trade in 2014, while the flavoured vodka category has endured mixed fortunes, according to latest figures.
The Wine and Spirits Trade Association has dismissed fresh calls for minimum unit pricing (MUP) in the UK after a new report claimed a floor price would be far more effective than the Government's current policy.
Flavoured and spiced rums saw impressive growth in the UK off-trade over the early summer, while imported whiskies also performed strongly, latest figures show.
The Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) has revamped its website, allowing members to search its database of checklists and guidance for the UK market.
The Wine and Spirit Trade Association has branded as “fundamentally flawed” an investigation from senior doctors that claims the UK government was “subverted” by the drinks industry over a U-turn on minimum pricing.
Global Wine Market: News and Events December 2013
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest ha...
Global Wine Market: News and Events March 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the lat...
Online Beer, Wine and Spirits (BWS) Retail Trends Q3 2013
New, unique analysis of the online sales of beer, wines and spirits (“BWS”) in the UK market, based on actual ePOS data from 11 leading online retailers. No modelling, no guesswork....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research