The UB Group
As expected, Diageo has stepped up its bid to take majority control of India’s United Spirits Ltd (USL). The UK-headquartered company has la...
Five years ago this week talk of Diageo taking a stake in United Spirits first emerged. It set in train a series of events that this year sa...
Heineken has reiterated its satisfaction with its JV partnerships around the world, but admitted that it would be prepared to buy out its pa...
When it comes to being the CEO of a company, knowing where the stapler is kept - and how to order replacement staples - is way more importan...
This month, just-drinks returns to its two-part extended format for The Wehring Interview. Earlier this month, I enjoyed an hour in the company of Diageo's Asia Pacific president, Gilbert Ghostine. I say enjoyed; I wasn't at my best to start.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
The world's biggest alcohol companies have pledged to accelerate work to address alcohol misuse after releasing a joint report described as a “foundation” for progress.
United Spirits, the Diageo-controlled spirits firm, is delaying the disclosure of its full-year results due to problems with debtors and an outstanding loan.
United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL) has confirmed that its managing director has left the group after less than a year in the role.
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Diageo is moving ahead with plans to take majority control of United Spirits with the launch of a INR114.5bn (US$1.9bn) tender offer for a further 26% stake in the Indian company.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites