The UB Group
Finally, after a near four-month delay United Spirits reported its full-year results today....
As expected, Diageo has stepped up its bid to take majority control of India’s United Spirits Ltd (USL). The UK-headquartered company has la...
Five years ago this week talk of Diageo taking a stake in United Spirits first emerged. It set in train a series of events that this year sa...
Heineken has reiterated its satisfaction with its JV partnerships around the world, but admitted that it would be prepared to buy out its pa...
This month, just-drinks returns to its two-part extended format for The Wehring Interview. Earlier this month, I enjoyed an hour in the company of Diageo's Asia Pacific president, Gilbert Ghostine. I say enjoyed; I wasn't at my best to start.
In part one of my interview with Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, which ran earlier this week, we took a close look at the brewer's purchase of FEMSA Cerveza last year. We also started a world tour of beer markets, discussing Europe, Russia, Brazil and Mexico.
United Spirits has continued its sluggish performance with a first-quarter net loss and fall in sales.
Thirteen leading drinks companies – including Diageo and Anheuser-Busch InBev – have launched a new set of social media guidelines aiming to stop content reaching children.
Vijay Mallya has been re-elected as chairman of United Spirits at the AGM of the Diageo-controlled firm.
Diageo has confirmed that three of United Spirits' independent directors are to leave the company's board.
United Spirits has reported full-year net losses of INR44.9bn (US$742.7m), partly due to a significant writedown from the sale of its Whyte & Mackay business.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts