The Portman Group
This month, Larry Nelson has spotted a flaw in the drinks industry's regulation of its own products....
The UK's Coalition Government is showing every sign of being stumped by the country's love affair with the bottle, not that the industry is...
Over the past two years, the name Drinkaware has become a familiar feature on drinks labels in the UK. Drinkaware’s chief executive Chris So...
Henry Ashworth has faced plenty of challenges since taking the reins at the Portman Group in 2011. Dealing with the fall-out from decisions by the group's independent complaints panel and the ever-agitating UK health lobby means life is rarely dull. Here, Ashworth talks to just-drinks' deputy editor James Wilmore about the watchdog's work, and a certain Scottish brewer.
To coincide with tomorrow's forum on responsible drinking in the UK, this month's 'just the Answer' sees Olly Wehring tackle the CEO of Drinkaware, Chris Sorek.
Alcohol-related violent crime in the UK fell by 32% in the past 10 years, while the population is becoming less tolerant to anti-social behaviour, according to latest studies.
C&C Group has left UK drinks industry watchdog the Portman Group after three-and-a-half years as a paying member.
Phusion Projects is facing fresh criticism over its Four Loko brand after the UK's industry watchdog ruled that the alcoholic drink's name breached packaging rules.
Drinks companies that sponsor sport, music and cultural events in the UK will be monitored under a new industry code being introduced today (31 January).
Around 90% of UK alcoholic drinks tested for responsible packaging have passed an audit, industry watchdog the Portman Group has revealed.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"