The Patrón Spirits Company
| 19 Dec 2008
Pernod Ricard’s unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring reviews the major events in the spirits arena during 2008.
| 4 Aug 2008
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by suits in nightclubs and trendy bars. Yet there's nothing genteel or sophisticated about the legal bar-room brawl that broke out over the US$1bn brand last year.
| 20 Mar 2007
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, Dean Best speaks with the company’s COO John McDonnell, and Mike Hill, vice president, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, about the company’s rapid progress and premium ethos.
| 21 Apr 2009
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution for its spirits portfolio in Lebanon.
| 3 Mar 2009
The Patrón Spirits Company has said that duty-free sales of Patrón Tequila are showing double-digit growth this year, despite falling passenger traffic at many international airports.
| 7 Nov 2008
Patrón Spirits Company has joined the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS), in the US.
| 27 Oct 2008
The Patrón Spirits Company has finalised a partnership with Aer Rianta to list Patrón at Moscow airports Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo, and Vnukovo, and St Petersburg’s Pulkovo airport.
| 11 Aug 2008
Bacardi Global Brands has launched a wide-ranging review of its advertising strategy.
| 1 Aug 2008
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:
| 29 Jul 2008
Bacardi has acquired a “significant” - albeit unspecified – minority stake in The Patrón Spirits Company.
| 17 Jul 2008
Patrón Tequila has partnered with New Orleans’ St Bernard Project and Preservation Hall to create a national fundraising initiative in the US.
| 22 Apr 2008
The Patrón Spirits Company has appointed distributors to represent it in the Spanish and Russian domestic markets.
| 22 Oct 2007
The Patrón Spirits Company has acquired the global distribution rights of the Ultimat vodka portfolio from Adamba Imports International.
| 16 Jul 2007
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK.
| 4 Apr 2007
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila.
| 16 Feb 2007
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck a key duty-free deal with a listing at World Duty Free stores at the UK’s largest airports.
| 7 Dec 2006
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck another distribution deal in Asia with an agreement covering the South Korean market.
| 22 Nov 2006
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US.
| 21 Nov 2006
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand.
| 5 Oct 2006
The Patrón Spirits Company has secured distribution deals in Europe and Asia as it looks to grow its namesake premium Tequila outside the US.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research