The Edrington Group
The Scotch whisky category appears to have hit a tipping point. What does the future look like for the until-recently booming category? Ian...
Lucas Bols, the Dutch owner of spirits and liqueur brands including Bols and Pisang Ambon, today announced plans to list on the Amsterdam st...
Remy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales after another weak showing in China. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the c...
The time is finally here: Today, Scotland decides. Will The Union remain or is Scotland set to declare its independence from the UK? With th...
Late last year, just-drinks travelled to New York to interview - for the first time - the CEO of Edrington, owner of the Cutty Sark, The Famous Grouse, Highland Park and The Macallan Scotch whisky brands, Brugal rum and Snow Leopard vodka.
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in 1999. In those ten years, the company has gained one partner – Vin & Sprit in 2001 – and lost two, with Vin & Sprit calling time last year, and Remy Cointreau pulling out yesterday. The two remaining members subsequently decided to pool their resources, rather than go it alone. Speaking to just-drinks, the MD for Beam Global's international operations, Donard Gaynor, and group sales and marketing director at Edrington, Bill Farrar, look back at the break-up process, and consider how the new Maxxium – of which they will be co-chairmen – will perform in the current economic climate.
Edrington has released an online-only expression of a 28-year-old single cask Scotch whisky from its Glenturret distillery.
Rémy Cointreau saw full-year sales decline by more than 6% in its most recent fiscal year, but the Rémy Martin Cognac brand bounced back, thanks to a late recovery in China.
The owner of the Khortytsa and Morosha vodka brands, Global Spirits, is to open an Americas office in New York as it eyes further international expansion.
Constellation Brands is looking to up its profile in Global Travel Retail (GTR) in Asia through the creation of a dedicated regional manager position.
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Part of a sainted tradition or a waste of a perfectly good whisky? That was the question some may have been asking when Queen Elizabeth II launched the Royal Navy's newest vessel in Scotland today (4 July).
The UK's rock star royals Will and Kate are set to give their son George his first taste of Scotch whisky this week. Not literally, of course.
Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
With a limited portfolio, a narrow geographic focus and expensive and so far unsuccessful acquisition of Brugal, Edrington is a company that needs to do much more work to become a healthy internationa...
The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Edrington
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Sweden
Spirits in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research