Scotch Whisky Association
The time is finally here: Today, Scotland decides. Will The Union remain or is Scotland set to declare its independence from the UK? With th...
We've had a reminder this month of the high levels of investment being ploughed into the renaissance of Irish whiskey by emerging players....
On Thursday 18 September, the residents of Scotland will take to the polls to consider a question, their answer to which could have huge rep...
Is the fabled Scotch whisky boom subsiding?...
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with the CEO of Edrington, Ian Curle set out why his company was bringing its global distribution in-house and investing heavily in its The Macallan Scotch whisky. In part two, Curle talks about his company's unique ownership structure and shares his thoughts on the next possible golden era for Scotch.
Two months ago, French spirits and Champagne firm Remy Cointreau paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Islay Scotch maker Bruichladdich.
Scotland has voted to stay in the United Kingdom. The 'No' campaign received 55% of votes, compared to 45% of voters in favour of independence. Follow live round-up of reaction from the drinks industry here:
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has bolstered efforts to protect its geographical status by joining the Organisation for an International Geographical Indications Network (ORIGIN).
Mexico's Tequila exports jumped 16% to US$568m in the first half of this year, local media has reported.
Russia's food safety watchdog has announced an import ban on a number of beers and spirits produced in Ukraine, according to reports.
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) is “closely monitoring” Russia's trade sanctions after the country banned food imports from the UK and other western countries.
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia