San Miguel Corporation
San Miguel Corp has been offered as much as US$6bn for the majority share in its namesake brewing unit, the company's president has said in an interview.
Philippines' San Miguel Brewery (SMB) Inc has signed a deal with Spain's Mahou-San Miguel in a bid to expand the global footprint of the lager brand.
San Miguel Brewery has blamed high duty rates for dragging down its full-year volumes, while profits also slipped.
San Miguel Brewery is expected to receive regulatory approval this week to sell a bond that will net the company up to PHP20bn (US$448.6m).
San Miguel Brewery has been hit by tax rises in the Philippines with volumes and profits falling in its first quarter.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory