Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the international wine business and assesses the chances of things improving in the immediate future.
The countdown to ProWein continues, which starts on Sunday. Here's part three of our preview:
Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits has been appointed the Canadian sales and marketing agent for Chilean wine producer Vina San Pedro in Canada.
Yarraman Winery has pulled out of talks with Drinks Americas Holdings over a possible acquisition of the Australian wine company.
Drinks Americas Holdings has lined up the acquisition of newly-named Global Beverage Asia.
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas has approved the merger of its wine subsidiary Viña San Pedro with Viña Tarapacá.
The establishment of a new umbrella organisation for Chile’s wine industry will not bring any changes to promotional body Wines of Chile, according to the head of the body in the UK.
The Chilean wine industry has officially launched a new umbrella wine association.
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has reported a strong start to 2007.
Chilean wine group San Pedro has named Les Grands Chais de France as its distributor for the UK market.
Chilean wine group Viña San Pedro has snapped up local winery Viña Leyda as it looks to strengthen its presence in the country’s emerging wine regions.
Chilean wine group San Pedro has parted company with its UK agent Buckingham Vintners.
A shareholder in Buckingham Vintners has upped its stake in the UK wine agent.
Chile’s largest wine producer San Pedro has ploughed US$5m into its Viña Altaïr joint venture in an effort to reduce debts at the company.
San Pedro is poised to add to its Chilean wine range - this time with two Argentinean offerings.
Viña San Pedro’s UK agent Buckingham Vintners has announced a new packaging design for the Chilean winery’s 35° South brand.
Viña Santa Rita SA in Alcoholic Drinks (Chile)
Viña Santa Rita was the leading player in wine for a third successive year in 2015. However, it is closely followed by Viña Concha y Toro and Viña San Pedro Tarapacá. Viña Santa Rita gained the leadin...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World