Ball Corp has agreed to acquire fellow can maker Rexam for GBP4.3bn (US$6.6bn) after the UK firm accepted a sweetened takeover offer.
Rexam is to boost its can capacity in India with a new GBP50m (US$77m) plant in the south of the country.
Can maker Rexam has confirmed it is in talks to be acquired by US-based Ball Corp in a deal worth around GBP4.3bn (US$6.54bn).
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global soft drinks & bottled water category. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and spirits & wine.
SABMiller is to launch a new range of cans for its non-alcoholic beer brand Birell that changes colour when the liquid reaches its optimum temperature.
Dairy Packaging in Argentina
By mid-2013 SanCor Cooperativas Unidas Ltda launched a practical and modern shaped liquid carton of one litre format in drinking yogurt, with its brand yogs. This pack represented the first of its typ...
Dairy Packaging in the United Kingdom
Retail volume sales of milk are in decline, and in 2010, for the first time, they fell below the four million tonnes mark and have remained below such level since. HDPE bottles are the most popular pa...
Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Spain
There were no new trends with a significant influence over alcoholic drinks packaging in Spain in 2013. There is a consensus amongst the industry that the country’s adverse economic situation is the m...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future