PepsiCo has started production at its largest beverage plant in India after company CEO Indra Nooyi inaugurated the site.
Ball Corp has agreed to acquire fellow can maker Rexam for GBP4.3bn (US$6.6bn) after the UK firm accepted a sweetened takeover offer.
Rexam is to boost its can capacity in India with a new GBP50m (US$77m) plant in the south of the country.
Can maker Rexam has confirmed it is in talks to be acquired by US-based Ball Corp in a deal worth around GBP4.3bn (US$6.54bn).
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global soft drinks & bottled water category. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and spirits & wine.
Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Spain
There were no new trends with a significant influence over alcoholic drinks packaging in Spain in 2013. There is a consensus amongst the industry that the country’s adverse economic situation is the m...
Dairy Packaging in Spain
Traditionally, Spanish consumers have ranked value-for-money as the third most important factor when deciding the products to include in their shopping basket, after proximity and the quality of produ...
Hot Drinks Packaging in Spain
Spain has traditionally been a coffee country. It is part of the Spanish culture to meet for a coffee and chat with friends. The hit of the economic crisis has resulted in Spaniards being more careful...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer