This month, just-drinks returns to its two-part extended format for The Wehring Interview. Earlier this month, I enjoyed an hour in the company of Diageo's Asia Pacific president, Gilbert Ghostine. I say enjoyed; I wasn't at my best to start.
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its work cut out in fiscal 2010. Speaking exclusively to just-drinks yesterday afternoon, group CEO Paul Walsh talks about the trials and tribulations of the past 12 months – including, of course, the ongoing row in Scotland.
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Suntory Holdings has declined to comment on another media report linking it to a stake purchase in India's second-largest spirits producer, Radico Khaitan.
Spirits producer Radico Khaitan is preparing to spin off its Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) business as a subsidiary and seek foreign investment in the unit, according to local reports.
Suntory Holdings has declined to comment on a report it is in talks to buy a 26% stake in India's second-largest spirits producer, Radico Khaitan.
Radico Khaitan has lined up a management restructure following the recent departure of its long-serving chief operating office.
Radico Khaitan Ltd in Alcoholic Drinks (India)
The company’s strategy is to build its portfolio of brands focusing on brand image rather than price points and using the best state-of-the-art technology to ensure competitive leadership. Established...
Alcoholic Drinks in India
Sales of alcoholic drinks in India grew by 9% in volume terms in 2012. Key drivers of growth were single malt Scotch whisky, brandy, fortified wine and domestic premium lager. In value terms, total sa...
Spirits in India
The big story of 2012 was the sharp increase on taxes across several states in India that pushed up retail prices. In addition, in several states like Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, sales of spirits can on...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report