AmBev, the Brazil-based division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 10% rise in net sales and a 32% jump in net profits for the first quarter of 2009, driven by a better-than-expected performance in its home market.
SABMiller's Colombian subsidiary, Bavaria SA, has completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in the country to Quinsa, a division of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Ambev business, for around US$27m.
AmBev, the subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 6.5% net sales rise for 2008, as price increases helped to offset beer volume decline in the group's native Brazil.
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the third quarter of this year.
Beer group Quinsa increased revenue by nearly a third in the first half of 2008, it has announced.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director