AmBev, the Brazil-based division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 10% rise in net sales and a 32% jump in net profits for the first quarter of 2009, driven by a better-than-expected performance in its home market.
SABMiller's Colombian subsidiary, Bavaria SA, has completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in the country to Quinsa, a division of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Ambev business, for around US$27m.
AmBev, the subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 6.5% net sales rise for 2008, as price increases helped to offset beer volume decline in the group's native Brazil.
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the third quarter of this year.
Beer group Quinsa increased revenue by nearly a third in the first half of 2008, it has announced.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk