AmBev, the Brazil-based division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 10% rise in net sales and a 32% jump in net profits for the first quarter of 2009, driven by a better-than-expected performance in its home market.
SABMiller's Colombian subsidiary, Bavaria SA, has completed the sale of its Pepsi bottling operations in the country to Quinsa, a division of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Ambev business, for around US$27m.
AmBev, the subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 6.5% net sales rise for 2008, as price increases helped to offset beer volume decline in the group's native Brazil.
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the third quarter of this year.
Beer group Quinsa increased revenue by nearly a third in the first half of 2008, it has announced.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down