Pernod Ricard's decision this week to withdraw its support for the geographical indication (GI) 'Plymouth Gin' makes sense to me, but that s...
Diageo has surprised some with its move to sell its Irish whiskey brand Bushmills in return for control of Don Julio Tequila. Here our colum...
Diageo's move to take back full control of Don Julio certainly indicates the potential for Tequila. However, it is the company's divestment...
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard announced a 1% rise in sales in the three months to the end of September. Here's a look at the performance of t...
Earlier this year, the Worshipful Company of Distillers held a lively debate in London on the future of rum. Afterwards, just-drinks spoke to Nick Blacknell, Havana Club's international marketing director for Pernod Ricard, to discuss digital, diversity and the debate's motion “The future for rum lies with connoisseurs not clubbers”.
After 18 years in Latin America, Laurent Pillet moved to sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 to head up Pernod Ricard's operations in the region. At the French company's Capital Markets Day this week, just-drinks sat down with Pillet to discuss the past, present and future for Pernod in the region.
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global spirits & wine categories. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and soft drinks & bottled water.
Pernod Ricard has dropped its support for geographical protection of Plymouth Gin after rule changes made it “reassess the relevance” to the brand, the company has said.
Pernod Ricard has launched a 40-year-old Ballantine's Scotch whisky into Asian Travel Retail.
Tito's Handmade Vodka owner Fifth Generation has secured distribution in six new countries as the brand continues to widen its global footprint.
Pernod Ricard is to launch a new Martell Noblige expression that aims to widen the brand's footprint out of China and into the rest of Asia.
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
The UK's rock star royals Will and Kate are set to give their son George his first taste of Scotch whisky this week. Not literally, of course.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research