Suntory's proposed US$16bn takeover of Beam Inc is the first publicly-acknowledged attempt to buy the pure-play spirits company since it was...
One of the spirits industry's longer-running sagas gained an extra chapter this week when Diageo announced that it is willing to sell off a...
Beam Inc will become an easier acquisition target from September this year, with Pernod Ricard the likely front-runner as a buyer, according...
It was five years ago this week that Beam Global Spirits & Wine – as Beam Inc was then known – started to come to terms with Pernod Ricard's...
It's nearly a year to the day that Beam Inc was officially born, making it the world's only publicly-listed pure-play spirits company. Progress so far has been solid and instrumental in that has been the group's well-travelled Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) chief, Albert Baladi. Just-drinks caught up with the softly-spoken Baladi during a recent visit to London.
The third of this year's Wehring interviews keeps up the high profiles, if I do say so myself. Speaking via telephone, we have Matt Shattock, CEO of the soon-to-be stand-alone Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
Pernod Ricard is set to start work on a visitor centre at its Beefeater distillery in London.
A report in a UK newspaper today (9 December) has claimed that Diageo and Suntory held talks earlier this year with a view to making a move for Beam Inc.
Beam Inc has opened an innovation centre as it targets achieving a quarter of its annual sales growth from new products.
Beam Inc has reported a double-digit jump in first-half profits driven by demand for its Bourbon brands and the Skinnygirl range.
Beam Inc has posted a good start to the year, with sales and profits performing strongly in the first three months of 2011.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1