Olvi is looking to expand its footprint beyond its domestic market and is exploring acquisition opportunities in Belarus and th e Baltic states.
Heineken has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to sell Finnish subsidiary Hartwall for US$790m.
Finnish brewer Olvi has acquired a majority stake in Belarusian brewery Lidskoe Pivo.
Cesu Alus has posted a record year for sales in 2007.
Olvi Group has posted a strong set of results for the year so far, despite the poor summer in the countries it operates in.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned