Founded in 1575, Bols claims to be the oldest spirits brand in the world. After a rocky recent past, the company is back in Dutch hands. just-drinks caught up with Lucas Bols' self-styled “chief energizing officer” Huub van Doorne to talk about the company's plans, the launch of its new yoghurt liqueur and why the brand is big in Japan.
Thys Loubser was previously a high flier in the chemical industry but when he was invited to become CEO of the South African wine group KWV he had no hesitation in taking the job. In this month’s just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Loubser about the opportunities and challenges facing KWV and the key changes he envisages for the company.
Lucas Bols' Bols Honey Liqueur
Unique QR codes on alcohol packaging are the only way to eradicate fakes, a counterfeit expert has said.
Patrón Spirits is set to enter Croatia's spirits market, ahead of the country's entry into the European Union this year, with a distribution deal with Mohor Trgovina.
Bols Kyndal's Bols Premier XO Excellence
Bols Natural Yoghurt Liqueur
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group