Having returned to pre-recession rates, the fruit/vegetable juice category is set to maintain its current strong growth trend - as long as p...
PepsiCo's deal for Wimm-Bill-Dann will see the group leapfrog its old foe The Coca-Cola Co in Russia's juice market....
The Coca-Cola Co is reported to have tabled a bid to purchase a stake in Russian juice producer Nidan Juice. What is drawing the US drinks g...
PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company – which accounts for 30% of the country’s juice market - marked a clear statement of intent for the company in the emerging markets of the world. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, PepsiCo International’s chairman and CEO, Mike White, tells Olly Wehring of the company’s approach in the developing markets, and considers the effect of the current economic climate on the soft drinks giant.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving this aim. In this month’s two-part just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Mike White, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International, about the company’s plans for Russia.
PepsiCo has confirmed it is to shut one of its fruit juice plants in Russia.
According to a report in the New York Post yesterday (16 November), PepsiCo is working on two major acquisitions, in addition to examining the possibility of a business split.
Nestle is reportedly interested in buying Russian juice and baby food producer Progress.
PepsiCo has said it will place more emphasis on producing products backed by science as it announces plans to create a nutrition business unit to develop new products in a series of drinks categories.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report that its Russian juice subsidiary, Lebedyanksy, dropped into the red in 2009.
Lebedyansky OAO in Soft Drinks (Russia)
Lebedyansky is the largest producer of fruit/vegetable juice in Russia as well as being one of the largest fruit/vegetable juice producers in the world. The company aim is to be a leader of the catego...
Naturally Healthy Beverages in Russia
In 2012, NH beverages benefited from general growth in the health consciousness of local consumers. The category performed well in 2012, as it recorded 11% growth in total current value sales to reach...
Fortified/Functional Beverages in Russia
FF beverages demonstrated a strong performance in 2012. Current value sales went up by 16% to reach RUB36.6 billion. Supported by growing health trends, FF beverages also benefited from promising quic...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research