Having returned to pre-recession rates, the fruit/vegetable juice category is set to maintain its current strong growth trend - as long as p...
PepsiCo's deal for Wimm-Bill-Dann will see the group leapfrog its old foe The Coca-Cola Co in Russia's juice market....
The Coca-Cola Co is reported to have tabled a bid to purchase a stake in Russian juice producer Nidan Juice. What is drawing the US drinks g...
PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company – which accounts for 30% of the country’s juice market - marked a clear statement of intent for the company in the emerging markets of the world. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, PepsiCo International’s chairman and CEO, Mike White, tells Olly Wehring of the company’s approach in the developing markets, and considers the effect of the current economic climate on the soft drinks giant.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving this aim. In this month’s two-part just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Mike White, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International, about the company’s plans for Russia.
According to a report in the New York Post yesterday (16 November), PepsiCo is working on two major acquisitions, in addition to examining the possibility of a business split.
Nestle is reportedly interested in buying Russian juice and baby food producer Progress.
PepsiCo has said it will place more emphasis on producing products backed by science as it announces plans to create a nutrition business unit to develop new products in a series of drinks categories.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report that its Russian juice subsidiary, Lebedyanksy, dropped into the red in 2009.
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has said it continues to make progress with the Lebedyansky juice business in Russia, despite a decline in the category last year.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018