Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-dr...
The CEO of C&C Group has admitted the company is “puzzled” by the speed at which Spirit Pub Co rejected its takeover approach, but would not...
Changes are afoot in the UK's beer sector. Many of the nation's - indeed the world's - oldest, most traditional breweries are breaking ou...
Heineken's acquisition of the Galaxy Pub Estate reflects renewed optimism n the bedraggled UK on-trade....
Greene King has unveiled a redesign of Old Speckled Hen as it looks to bring younger consumers into the ale category.
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global beer category. We are also running similar round-ups for spirits & wine and soft drinks & bottled water.
Greene King, the UK brewer and pub operator, is set to acquire Spirit Pub Co for GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) after the two firms finally struck a deal.
Spirit Pub Co's board has agreed to give Greene King an extension until next Tuesday to make a firm offer for the company.
The possible takeover of Spirit Pub Co in the UK looks set to become a battle, with C&C Group considering making a firm offer for the pub operator, despite having an initial approach rejected.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018