Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-dr...
The CEO of C&C Group has admitted the company is “puzzled” by the speed at which Spirit Pub Co rejected its takeover approach, but would not...
Changes are afoot in the UK's beer sector. Many of the nation's - indeed the world's - oldest, most traditional breweries are breaking ou...
Heineken's acquisition of the Galaxy Pub Estate reflects renewed optimism n the bedraggled UK on-trade....
Greene King has reported a fall in half-year net profits, but rising sales against a “challenging backdrop”.
Greene King has unveiled a redesign of Old Speckled Hen as it looks to bring younger consumers into the ale category.
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global beer category. We are also running similar round-ups for spirits & wine and soft drinks & bottled water.
Greene King, the UK brewer and pub operator, is set to acquire Spirit Pub Co for GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) after the two firms finally struck a deal.
Spirit Pub Co's board has agreed to give Greene King an extension until next Tuesday to make a firm offer for the company.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future