Suntory's proposed US$16bn takeover of Beam Inc is the first publicly-acknowledged attempt to buy the pure-play spirits company since it was...
One of the spirits industry's longer-running sagas gained an extra chapter this week when Diageo announced that it is willing to sell off a...
Beam Inc will become an easier acquisition target from September this year, with Pernod Ricard the likely front-runner as a buyer, according...
It was five years ago this week that Beam Global Spirits & Wine – as Beam Inc was then known – started to come to terms with Pernod Ricard's...
It's nearly a year to the day that Beam Inc was officially born, making it the world's only publicly-listed pure-play spirits company. Progress so far has been solid and instrumental in that has been the group's well-travelled Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) chief, Albert Baladi. Just-drinks caught up with the softly-spoken Baladi during a recent visit to London.
The third of this year's Wehring interviews keeps up the high profiles, if I do say so myself. Speaking via telephone, we have Matt Shattock, CEO of the soon-to-be stand-alone Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
Pernod Ricard is set to start work on a visitor centre at its Beefeater distillery in London.
A report in a UK newspaper today (9 December) has claimed that Diageo and Suntory held talks earlier this year with a view to making a move for Beam Inc.
Beam Inc has opened an innovation centre as it targets achieving a quarter of its annual sales growth from new products.
Beam Inc has reported a double-digit jump in first-half profits driven by demand for its Bourbon brands and the Skinnygirl range.
Beam Inc has posted a good start to the year, with sales and profits performing strongly in the first three months of 2011.
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller