It was Brown-Forman's “stellar year”, at least according to company CFO Don Berg....
You may have seen us get rather excited late last week when we broke a(nother) exclusive on just-drinks. When we found out that Bacardi has...
From heading up Bailey's in its formative years and chairman of Chivas Brothers, to launching Malibu, Piat d'Or and the Classic Malts range, James Espey has been one of the drinks industry's true innovators over the last 40 years. His latest venture, The Last Drop Distillers has taken him into the ultra-premium spirits industry. Alongside long-term partners Peter Fleck and Tom Jago he has already found a 50-year-old Scotch blend – enough for 1,347 bottles – and begun selling it. He talks to Chris Brook-Carter about his plans for the business, his fears for the spirits industry and why the recession is a good thing.
Bacardi has taken down an online advert for its Dewar's Scotch whisky brand after a backlash from viewers who branded the spot “sexist”.
The Edrington Group has completed what it describes as a “research exercise” with flavoured variants of The Famous Grouse blended Scotch whisky.
Bacardi's Glen Deveron Royal Burgh Collection
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
The Scotch Whisky Association has admitted that it has “concerns” over Bacardi’s extension of its Dewar’s Scotch whisky brand in the US.
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks