Delegat's Group has said that it is performing in-line with expectations, but currency, a continuing oversupply of wine and macroeconomic weakness continue to pose challenges.
Delegat's Group has reported increases in net sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned that New Zealand's wine grape glut could last for another three years.
Delegat's Group has moved to acquire full control of under-pressure Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards in order to protect its wine grape supplies for the Oyster Bay brand.
Impairment charges wiped out the majority of Delegat's Group profits for its latest fiscal year, but the Oyster Bay wine brand owner said that it was upbeat on future sales.
A slump in wine grape prices and impairment charges on the value of vineyards has caused Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards to swing to net losses for its fiscal year.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future