Delegat's Group has said that it is performing in-line with expectations, but currency, a continuing oversupply of wine and macroeconomic weakness continue to pose challenges.
Delegat's Group has reported increases in net sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned that New Zealand's wine grape glut could last for another three years.
Delegat's Group has moved to acquire full control of under-pressure Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards in order to protect its wine grape supplies for the Oyster Bay brand.
Impairment charges wiped out the majority of Delegat's Group profits for its latest fiscal year, but the Oyster Bay wine brand owner said that it was upbeat on future sales.
A slump in wine grape prices and impairment charges on the value of vineyards has caused Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards to swing to net losses for its fiscal year.
Delegat's Group has increased its stake in New Zealand's Oyster Bay wine to almost 55% after buying out disgruntled investor Peter Yealands.
Delegat's Group has posted a healthy lift in figures for its fiscal year.
Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards has appointed a new director to its board.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report