Delegat's Group has said that it is performing in-line with expectations, but currency, a continuing oversupply of wine and macroeconomic weakness continue to pose challenges.
Delegat's Group has reported increases in net sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned that New Zealand's wine grape glut could last for another three years.
Delegat's Group has moved to acquire full control of under-pressure Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards in order to protect its wine grape supplies for the Oyster Bay brand.
Impairment charges wiped out the majority of Delegat's Group profits for its latest fiscal year, but the Oyster Bay wine brand owner said that it was upbeat on future sales.
A slump in wine grape prices and impairment charges on the value of vineyards has caused Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards to swing to net losses for its fiscal year.
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review