Delegat's Group has said that it is performing in-line with expectations, but currency, a continuing oversupply of wine and macroeconomic weakness continue to pose challenges.
Delegat's Group has reported increases in net sales and profits in the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned that New Zealand's wine grape glut could last for another three years.
Delegat's Group has moved to acquire full control of under-pressure Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards in order to protect its wine grape supplies for the Oyster Bay brand.
Impairment charges wiped out the majority of Delegat's Group profits for its latest fiscal year, but the Oyster Bay wine brand owner said that it was upbeat on future sales.
A slump in wine grape prices and impairment charges on the value of vineyards has caused Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards to swing to net losses for its fiscal year.
Delegat's Group has increased its stake in New Zealand's Oyster Bay wine to almost 55% after buying out disgruntled investor Peter Yealands.
Delegat's Group has posted a healthy lift in figures for its fiscal year.
Oyster Bay Marlborough Vineyards has appointed a new director to its board.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends