We've had a reminder this month of the high levels of investment being ploughed into the renaissance of Irish whiskey by emerging players....
Earlier today (24 July), the International Wine & Spirit Competition released the list of full winners for spirits for 2013. Here is the lis...
It was five years ago this week that Beam Global Spirits & Wine – as Beam Inc was then known – started to come to terms with Pernod Ricard's...
Beam Inc's acquisition of Cooley Distillery puts Irish whiskey entirely in the hands of drinks industry 'big hitters' and looks set to spur...
Last week, just-drinks caught up with Irish Distillers' CEO Anna Malmhake. Part one of the interview ran on Tuesday. Here, in the second and concluding part of the interview, Malmhake discusses Irish whiskey's image, Pernod's competitors in the category and the threat of alcohol legislation in Ireland.
Click below to watch an interview, conducted by Clontarf TV, with Jack Teeling, the founder and chairman of Cooley Distillery, in which he discusses the sale of the company to Beam Inc last week.
A new trade body has been established to promote the interests of the fast-growing Irish whiskey sector.
Sidney Frank’s CEO has said he is “pleased” but not surprised that a US federal judge has allowed the firm's US$100m lawsuit against Beam Inc to proceed.
Irish whiskey can become 10% of global whisk(e)y category sales helped by drinks firms' renewed interest in the sub-sector, according to the head of Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers.
Diageo's 'Harp Brewery' in Dundalk, Ireland, is set to become a whiskey distillery after a deal was agreed with new owners.
Teeling Whiskey Co's Silver Reserve 21 Year Old Single Malt
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO