In absolute volume terms, Turkey was the third strongest growing soft drinks market in the world last year, generating 1.6bn litres of new business, according to data from Euromonitor International. Only China and Mexico, with yield increases of 4.5bn and 2bn litres respectively, performed better. But, with the global financial crisis pushing Turkey’s economy into a forecast contraction of over 5% this year, what is the soft drinks prognosis going forward? Rob Walker, senior non-alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, investigates.
Anadolu Efes has closed its bid to acquire the remaining shares it does not already own in Efes Breweries International, after upping its stake by only 3.5%.
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI) has posted a marked plunge in full-year net profits, despite a lift in sales in both value and volume.
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI) is to propose to its General Assembly the distribution of a TL16,000,000 (US$10,024,236) cash dividend, to be paid in May 2009, and the remainder of the net distributable profit to be added to the extraordinary reserves.
Coca-Cola Içecek has moved one step further towards closing its purchase of Sandras Natural Source Water Company in Turkey.
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI) has signed the share purchase agreement for a 48.9% stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan (CCBPL) for US$76.9m.
A subsidiary of Coca-Cola Içecek has secured a distribution agreement with acquisition target Dogadan Gida Ürünleri Sanayi ve Pazarlama.
Coca-Cola Içecek has lined the purchase of a 50% stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan.
Coca-Cola Içecek subsidiary CCI International Holland (previously Efes Invest Holland) is to build its own production facility in Tajikistan.
Coca-Cola Içecek has announced plans to build a production facility in the city of Elazig in the south east of Turkey.
Coca-Cola Içecek has set up a raft of share purchases, which will see the company gain full control of three bottlers in Eurasia
Coca-Cola Içecek’s (CCI) board of directors approved the capital increase of its 100% affiliate Efes Invest Holland B.V. by US$30m.
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI) saw earnings leap almost 50% last year thanks to broad-based sales growth across its business.
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI) believes Syria has “strong growth potential” for the business after announcing a deal to buy 50% of its local distributor.
Coca-Cola Içecek has rebranded one of its HOD waters.
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI), the Turkey-based Coca-Cola bottler, is to set up a subsidiary in Tajikistan, the company said today (6 March).
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI), the Turkey-based Coca-Cola bottler, has secured funding worth US$200m to boost capacity across its five markets.
Coca-Cola Içecek, the Turkish unit of Coca Cola Co., has seen its sales and earnings exceed expectations during the first nine months of the year, thanks in part to successful local marketing.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review