On the six-month anniversary of Cobra Beer's rescue from collapse in the UK by Molson Coors, just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer spoke with Cobra founder Lord Karan Bilimoria about the dark days and why he feels that the brand is poised for future growth.
Molson Coors has relaunched a TV ad for Cobra Beer after it helped the brand to double-digit sales and volume growth in the UK last year.
Molson Coors has appointed a new managing director for its UK & Ireland division, which is set to merge with the brewer's Central Europe unit.
Molson Coors is to launch packaging that displays information on the environmental and social impact of its Cobra beer brand in the UK.
Molson Coors believes that Cobra's double-digit sales momentum can lift it into the top ten best selling beers in the UK within a decade.
Molson Coors and Cobra beer founder Lord Karan Bilimoria are backing the beer brand in the UK with a GBP4m (US$6.3m) advertising drive.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL