On the six-month anniversary of Cobra Beer's rescue from collapse in the UK by Molson Coors, just-drinks deputy editor Chris Mercer spoke with Cobra founder Lord Karan Bilimoria about the dark days and why he feels that the brand is poised for future growth.
Molson Coors has relaunched a TV ad for Cobra Beer after it helped the brand to double-digit sales and volume growth in the UK last year.
Molson Coors has appointed a new managing director for its UK & Ireland division, which is set to merge with the brewer's Central Europe unit.
Molson Coors is to launch packaging that displays information on the environmental and social impact of its Cobra beer brand in the UK.
Molson Coors believes that Cobra's double-digit sales momentum can lift it into the top ten best selling beers in the UK within a decade.
Molson Coors and Cobra beer founder Lord Karan Bilimoria are backing the beer brand in the UK with a GBP4m (US$6.3m) advertising drive.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"