CL World Brands
There's usually a surprise or two at the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition in Cannes....
The sale of Cognac house Hine is likely to generate "significant interest" in the industry, according to an analyst....
The whisk(e)y producers among us have been congregating in Glasgow this week for the World Whiskies Conference. The annual event has been a...
Two months ago, CL World Brands sold the Thomas Hine & Co Cognac house to EDV SAS for an undisclosed fee. just-drinks caught up with Hine's MD, François Le Grelle, at the Cannes World Exhibition last month to talk about the change, what life is like away from CL's parent, CL Financial, and why Chinese Cognac drinkers will prove more loyal than Japan's.
CL World Brands has sold the Thomas Hine & Co Cognac house to EDV SAS.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The sale of Burn Stewart Distilleries to Distell is “another vote of confidence” in the booming Scotch whiskey industry, the company's MD has told just-drinks.
Distell has bought Scotch maker Burn Stewart Distillers for ZAR2.2bn (US$243.9m) in a bid to boost its blended and single malt stocks.
Tilaknagar Industries has lined up the construction of a new distillery in the Maharashtra region of India, according to local reports.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1