The whisk(e)y category in the US – particularly Bourbon - has been stealing a significant march on vodka in recent months, but can this be s...
Earlier this year, the Finnish Government announced plans to privatise Altia Corp, as part of its programme to raise funds for budget spendi...
Speaking after the release of Brown-Forman's first-quarter results yesterday, CEO Paul Varga was typically upbeat over the performance of fl...
Brown-Forman is trying to open talks with a regional Russian authority that reportedly confiscated some Jack Daniel's products over health f...
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Paul Varga, the CEO of Brown-Forman discussed the company's portfolio and prospects in emerging markets. In this second - and final - part, Varga details the company's take on the mergers & acquisitions scene in the global spirits industry, and the roll of innovation as an alternative to M&A.
Earlier this year, Ben Cooper met the CEO of Brown-Forman, Paul Varga, in the company's heartland, the US. In the first instalment of this two-part interview, the two look at Brown-Forman's position in the drinks industry, its portfolio of spirits brands and its prospects and ambitions in the emerging markets.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker brand was one of the main losers last year as global Travel Retail trends reversed in Asia-Pacific and volumes fell.
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Brown-Forman is set to move production of its Old Forester Bourbon brand to a new, dedicated distillery on Kentucky's former 'Whiskey Row'.
Brown-Forman is launching a gingerbread spice variant of its liqueur brand Southern Comfort in the US.
Here's a look at what was happening on 4 September in...
Diageo and Brown-Forman have been at loggerheads the past week over what is best for the Tennessee whiskey category.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit