Diageo has opened a GBP10m (US$15.5m) cooperage in Scotland as part of plans to make its Scotch whisky operations more efficient.
Pernod Ricard is working on ways to better compete with Diageo in Africa, including via possible tie-ups with other companies.
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK.
Diageo has begun building a GBP65m bioenergy facility designed to supply the majority of electricity and steam needs at the drinks giant's Cameronbridge Distillery.
Diageo has decided not to replenish stocks of three Scotch whisky brands in Canada, because it believes the products would be better-placed elsewhere.
It seems to me that ads for alcohol used to fall into two categories - funny or cool. Nowadays, marketing men appear to be branching out into a third option - touchy feely.
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport