The Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation
Exports of Australian wine continued to lose value in 2010, but the stricken industry regained some momentum in the second half of the year, official figures show.
The Australian Wine & Brandy Corporation (AWBC) has officially handed Mt Gambier geographic indication status.
The Australian Wine & Brandy Corp has announced the resignation of its long-serving general manager for market development, Paul Henry.
Lisa McGovern, the UK, Ireland and European Union director for Australia's wine trade body, has resigned.
Australian winemakers can no longer use well-known names like Champagne, Prosecco, Port or Sherry on wines to be sold either at home or in the European Union, under a new deal that comes into force this week.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk