The Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation
Exports of Australian wine continued to lose value in 2010, but the stricken industry regained some momentum in the second half of the year, official figures show.
The Australian Wine & Brandy Corporation (AWBC) has officially handed Mt Gambier geographic indication status.
The Australian Wine & Brandy Corp has announced the resignation of its long-serving general manager for market development, Paul Henry.
Lisa McGovern, the UK, Ireland and European Union director for Australia's wine trade body, has resigned.
Australian winemakers can no longer use well-known names like Champagne, Prosecco, Port or Sherry on wines to be sold either at home or in the European Union, under a new deal that comes into force this week.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit