PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company – which accounts for 30% of the country’s juice market - marked a clear statement of intent for the company in the emerging markets of the world. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, PepsiCo International’s chairman and CEO, Mike White, tells Olly Wehring of the company’s approach in the developing markets, and considers the effect of the current economic climate on the soft drinks giant.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving this aim. In this month’s two-part just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Mike White, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International, about the company’s plans for Russia.
Glacier Water Services has widened its losses despite a jump in YTD sales.
Danone's water unit has posted a strong jump in year-to-date sales as good weather in Europe helped boost volumes.
Glacier Water Services has posted an increase in first-half losses despite a rise in sales.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming that it will enter the premium bottled water category with new product Om.
Six bottled water suppliers in Australia have agreed to remove the term 'organic' from their brand names after the country's consumer watchdog said the term is “misleading” for water.
Bottled Water Market in South Africa 2014-2018
About Bottled Water Bottled water contains drinking water obtained from various sources such as wells, springs, artesian wells, and the municipal water supply. The drinking water typically undergoes a...
RTD Tea in Sweden
All the major brands within Swedish RTD tea were available in two flavours in 2013, lemon/lime and peach. This was the case for the leading brand, Pfanner Ice Tea by Piwa Food AB, Glocken Gold by Asba...
Global Bottled Water Market 2012-2016
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research