PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company – which accounts for 30% of the country’s juice market - marked a clear statement of intent for the company in the emerging markets of the world. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, PepsiCo International’s chairman and CEO, Mike White, tells Olly Wehring of the company’s approach in the developing markets, and considers the effect of the current economic climate on the soft drinks giant.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving this aim. In this month’s two-part just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Mike White, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International, about the company’s plans for Russia.
Glacier Water Services has widened its losses despite a jump in YTD sales.
Danone's water unit has posted a strong jump in year-to-date sales as good weather in Europe helped boost volumes.
Glacier Water Services has posted an increase in first-half losses despite a rise in sales.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming that it will enter the premium bottled water category with new product Om.
Six bottled water suppliers in Australia have agreed to remove the term 'organic' from their brand names after the country's consumer watchdog said the term is “misleading” for water.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review