PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company – which accounts for 30% of the country’s juice market - marked a clear statement of intent for the company in the emerging markets of the world. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, PepsiCo International’s chairman and CEO, Mike White, tells Olly Wehring of the company’s approach in the developing markets, and considers the effect of the current economic climate on the soft drinks giant.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving this aim. In this month’s two-part just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Mike White, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International, about the company’s plans for Russia.
Glacier Water Services has widened its losses despite a jump in YTD sales.
Danone's water unit has posted a strong jump in year-to-date sales as good weather in Europe helped boost volumes.
Glacier Water Services has posted an increase in first-half losses despite a rise in sales.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming that it will enter the premium bottled water category with new product Om.
Six bottled water suppliers in Australia have agreed to remove the term 'organic' from their brand names after the country's consumer watchdog said the term is “misleading” for water.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018