PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company – which accounts for 30% of the country’s juice market - marked a clear statement of intent for the company in the emerging markets of the world. In the second part of this month’s just-drinks interview, PepsiCo International’s chairman and CEO, Mike White, tells Olly Wehring of the company’s approach in the developing markets, and considers the effect of the current economic climate on the soft drinks giant.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving this aim. In this month’s two-part just-drinks interview, Olly Wehring spoke with Mike White, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International, about the company’s plans for Russia.
Glacier Water Services has widened its losses despite a jump in YTD sales.
Danone's water unit has posted a strong jump in year-to-date sales as good weather in Europe helped boost volumes.
Glacier Water Services has posted an increase in first-half losses despite a rise in sales.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on a report claiming that it will enter the premium bottled water category with new product Om.
Six bottled water suppliers in Australia have agreed to remove the term 'organic' from their brand names after the country's consumer watchdog said the term is “misleading” for water.
Ridley Corporation Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Compa
Synopsis Canadean's "Ridley Corporation Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The p...
Bottled Water Market in South Africa 2014-2018
About Bottled Water Bottled water contains drinking water obtained from various sources such as wells, springs, artesian wells, and the municipal water supply. The drinking water typically undergoes a...
Carpathian Springs SA in Soft Drinks (Romania)
Based on the expertise of Jean Valvis, who developed and then sold the brand Dorna to Coca-Cola, Carpathian Springs has demonstrated growth potential and it aims to push its brand Aqua Carpatica to th...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets