Editor's Viewpoint - Jim Beam and Mila Kunis: The Dangers of 'Choice Female Hottie'
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me.
First, in the interests of full disclosure, I'm 42 years old and the first to admit that I'm not as up-to-speed with who's 'hot' in the movie world any more. But, as I wrote up the story this morning, I thought, “Isn't she quite popular with the young folk?”
I don't mean to belittle Ms Kunis and her career: After all, she has won plaudits in 'serious' films such as Black Swan. But, consider this: Last year, she was nominated in both the MTV Movie Awards – for Best Kiss and Best Female Performance in Ted – and in the Teen Choice Awards – for Choice Female Hottie.
In many ways, Kunis fits the bill for the Jim Beam partnership perfectly: She's 30 years old, she's won accolades internationally, hell, Esquire even named her Sexiest Woman Alive in 2012.
But, when Teen Choice Awards nominate you for Choice Female Hottie, then perhaps your demographic isn't exclusively LDA folk.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but ten years of covering alcoholic drinks will do that to a man.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets