Editor's Viewpoint - Jim Beam and Mila Kunis: The Dangers of 'Choice Female Hottie'
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me.
First, in the interests of full disclosure, I'm 42 years old and the first to admit that I'm not as up-to-speed with who's 'hot' in the movie world any more. But, as I wrote up the story this morning, I thought, “Isn't she quite popular with the young folk?”
I don't mean to belittle Ms Kunis and her career: After all, she has won plaudits in 'serious' films such as Black Swan. But, consider this: Last year, she was nominated in both the MTV Movie Awards – for Best Kiss and Best Female Performance in Ted – and in the Teen Choice Awards – for Choice Female Hottie.
In many ways, Kunis fits the bill for the Jim Beam partnership perfectly: She's 30 years old, she's won accolades internationally, hell, Esquire even named her Sexiest Woman Alive in 2012.
But, when Teen Choice Awards nominate you for Choice Female Hottie, then perhaps your demographic isn't exclusively LDA folk.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but ten years of covering alcoholic drinks will do that to a man.
Beam Inc. (BEAM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Beam Inc. (BEAM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...read more
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director