Editor's Viewpoint - Jim Beam and Mila Kunis: The Dangers of 'Choice Female Hottie'
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me.
First, in the interests of full disclosure, I'm 42 years old and the first to admit that I'm not as up-to-speed with who's 'hot' in the movie world any more. But, as I wrote up the story this morning, I thought, “Isn't she quite popular with the young folk?”
I don't mean to belittle Ms Kunis and her career: After all, she has won plaudits in 'serious' films such as Black Swan. But, consider this: Last year, she was nominated in both the MTV Movie Awards – for Best Kiss and Best Female Performance in Ted – and in the Teen Choice Awards – for Choice Female Hottie.
In many ways, Kunis fits the bill for the Jim Beam partnership perfectly: She's 30 years old, she's won accolades internationally, hell, Esquire even named her Sexiest Woman Alive in 2012.
But, when Teen Choice Awards nominate you for Choice Female Hottie, then perhaps your demographic isn't exclusively LDA folk.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but ten years of covering alcoholic drinks will do that to a man.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015