Editor's Viewpoint - Jim Beam and Mila Kunis: The Dangers of 'Choice Female Hottie'
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but something about Beam Inc's tie-up with actor Mila Kunis sits a little uncomfortably with me.
First, in the interests of full disclosure, I'm 42 years old and the first to admit that I'm not as up-to-speed with who's 'hot' in the movie world any more. But, as I wrote up the story this morning, I thought, “Isn't she quite popular with the young folk?”
I don't mean to belittle Ms Kunis and her career: After all, she has won plaudits in 'serious' films such as Black Swan. But, consider this: Last year, she was nominated in both the MTV Movie Awards – for Best Kiss and Best Female Performance in Ted – and in the Teen Choice Awards – for Choice Female Hottie.
In many ways, Kunis fits the bill for the Jim Beam partnership perfectly: She's 30 years old, she's won accolades internationally, hell, Esquire even named her Sexiest Woman Alive in 2012.
But, when Teen Choice Awards nominate you for Choice Female Hottie, then perhaps your demographic isn't exclusively LDA folk.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but ten years of covering alcoholic drinks will do that to a man.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review