Editor's Viewpoint – Guinness – The Power of 'No'
The UK-based among you may have witnessed the Guinness takeover of the ad-break in The Jonathan Ross Show late last month. Reaction to the three-minute mock-talk show has been overwhelmingly grim.
The ad might also serve as a lesson to brand owner Diageo.
Here is a brand with a formidable reputation when it comes to marketing.
Remember this ad?
And, who can forget this multi award-winning outing?
So, it's alarming that an ad like last month's wasn't clocked by Diageo as being a stinker before it hit the screen. Have a look for yourself.
You may recall my views earlier this year on Arthur's Day, the annual shindig for Guinness that has, in my opinion, outstayed its welcome. Couple that with this ad, and it seems to be the case that someone at Diageo is afraid to say 'no'.
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Synopsis Canadean's "Guinness Anchor Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profi...
I'm calling it, people. Today is the day that I feel confident enough to conclude that the China 'crisis' is not a blip....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Guinness Anchor Bhd aims to maintain its leadership of beer in Malaysia by constantly ensuring the product’s quality by meeting or even exceeding the demand from consumers, enhancing its distribution ...
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport