Editor's Viewpoint - Beer - Is Heineken Trapped in a Russian Winter?
Exactly how tough going is Russia's beer market?
Is Heineken being a bit too tough on itself?
In what several analysts have described as a downbeat conference call yesterday – and, considering the Q3 trading update earlier in the day warned of a drop in FY profits, the glum tone was understandable – CFO Rene Hooft Graafland described the beer market in Russia thus:
“Very, very difficult.”
He then proceeded to say that he expects that the market will be down by 10% over the whole of 2013.
Now, the brewers operating in Russia have certainly had a tough time of late, as advertising restrictions, a clampdown on temporary retail outlets and rising taxes have made the road a bumpy one.
But, down by 10%?
Earlier this year, market leader Carlsberg issued guidance that Russia will come in down this year, but only by mid-single digits.
Is Heineken's Russian glass half-empty?
We'll know for sure when Carlsberg delivers its latest results on 13 November.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken USA Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future