Editor's Viewpoint - Beer - Is Heineken Trapped in a Russian Winter?
Exactly how tough going is Russia's beer market?
Is Heineken being a bit too tough on itself?
In what several analysts have described as a downbeat conference call yesterday – and, considering the Q3 trading update earlier in the day warned of a drop in FY profits, the glum tone was understandable – CFO Rene Hooft Graafland described the beer market in Russia thus:
“Very, very difficult.”
He then proceeded to say that he expects that the market will be down by 10% over the whole of 2013.
Now, the brewers operating in Russia have certainly had a tough time of late, as advertising restrictions, a clampdown on temporary retail outlets and rising taxes have made the road a bumpy one.
But, down by 10%?
Earlier this year, market leader Carlsberg issued guidance that Russia will come in down this year, but only by mid-single digits.
Is Heineken's Russian glass half-empty?
We'll know for sure when Carlsberg delivers its latest results on 13 November.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken USA Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets