Comment - Ingredients, Injunctions and Invoking Force Majeure
Times have been 'interesting', to say the least, for the sugar industry recently, with well-publicised outbreaks of extreme weather affecting crops and prices. But, what about the drinks manufacturers who depend upon sugar - and other crops vulnerable to unforeseen exceptional price increases - as an ingredient in many of their products? Although manufacturers will usually have contracted well in advance for delivery of their requirements, suppliers caught out by crop failures and rising market prices may attempt to invoke force majeure clauses to escape these bargains. Trevor Withane of Allen & Overy LLP considers such attempts and how drinks manufacturers might respond.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020