Comment - How Litigation-Funding Helps Davids Tackle Goliaths in Court
Last month, UK-headquartered soft drinks company Nichols was hit with a legal fine in Pakistan. The PKR1.4m (US$13.8m) payout to its bottling partner in the country, Gul Bottlers, hit Nichols' bottom line hard. The ruling in Gul's favour carried echoes of David beating Goliath. Mark Beaumont, a director at UK-based law firm Annecto Legal, considers the well-established, yet little-known method of funding litigation that could help a slighted minnow chalk up a victory against a bigger partner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends