Editor's Viewpoint - Pernod Ricard: All eyes on Alex Ricard
Alexandre Ricard will become CEO of Pernod Ricard in January
I am en-route to Cork this morning, to attend Pernod Ricard's annual Capital Markets Day. Tomorrow, I will join a wealth of analysts at a series of presentations by the company's leadership team. As well as Jameson (this is Ireland), we will hear from the heads of Pernod's operations in the US, Eastern Europe & Russia, sub-Saharan Africa, Brazil and Japan.
Also, CEO Pierre Pringuet will be making his last appearance at this event, with his replacement, Alexandre Ricard, set to joint-host proceedings.
You may remember I interviewed Ricard at last year's CMD in Beijing. Back then, we were too far out from the leadership change in January next year for me to quiz him on his intentions. This week, however, we expect to see him begin to venture out of his shell somewhat.
Ricard has already won over some of the analyst community. “We remain admirers of chairman/CEO-elect Alex Ricard,” says Ian Shackleton from Nomura in a note this week. “(He) is already becoming more visible in the business.
“We regard him as the driving force behind much of the innovation/digital strategy set out at the January Innovation Day, as well as being instrumental in the new cost-cutting programme (announced in February).”
Indeed, his length of service with Pernod - as well as heading up both Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free and the company's Irish Distillers division, he has also been group MD for distribution - suggests he has had plenty of time to formulate his CEO plans.
Cometh the hour, then, cometh the man?
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research