Editor's Viewpoint - Pernod Ricard: All eyes on Alex Ricard
Alexandre Ricard will become CEO of Pernod Ricard in January
I am en-route to Cork this morning, to attend Pernod Ricard's annual Capital Markets Day. Tomorrow, I will join a wealth of analysts at a series of presentations by the company's leadership team. As well as Jameson (this is Ireland), we will hear from the heads of Pernod's operations in the US, Eastern Europe & Russia, sub-Saharan Africa, Brazil and Japan.
Also, CEO Pierre Pringuet will be making his last appearance at this event, with his replacement, Alexandre Ricard, set to joint-host proceedings.
You may remember I interviewed Ricard at last year's CMD in Beijing. Back then, we were too far out from the leadership change in January next year for me to quiz him on his intentions. This week, however, we expect to see him begin to venture out of his shell somewhat.
Ricard has already won over some of the analyst community. “We remain admirers of chairman/CEO-elect Alex Ricard,” says Ian Shackleton from Nomura in a note this week. “(He) is already becoming more visible in the business.
“We regard him as the driving force behind much of the innovation/digital strategy set out at the January Innovation Day, as well as being instrumental in the new cost-cutting programme (announced in February).”
Indeed, his length of service with Pernod - as well as heading up both Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free and the company's Irish Distillers division, he has also been group MD for distribution - suggests he has had plenty of time to formulate his CEO plans.
Cometh the hour, then, cometh the man?
In the second part of just-drinks' exclusive interview with the outgoing CEO of Pernod Ricard, Pierre Pringuet, here he looks back at some of the deals that have shaped the company, and his role in th...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Pernod Ricard SA (RI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
The strategy of Pernod Ricard is to become one of the leading companies in wine and spirits sales in Mexico. The company recently consolidated in Mexico with Casa Pedro Domecq México SA de CV, to beco...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research