Sustainability in Drinks
By: Ben Cooper
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
This month, Ben Cooper considers the need for healthy competition among drinks companies when it comes to driving industry-wide sustainability.
The use of excise to combat the rise of obesity has long cast a shadow over the global soft drinks industry. Ben Cooper looks at the latest moves, in the US, and considers the likelihood of success for such a proposal.
The news this month that Castel has seen its wine operations in Ethiopia bear fruit suggests that the effects of climate change are already taking hold in the wine industry. Ben Cooper investigates.
The spotlight in the fight over sugar is on the UK this month. Ben Cooper considers what appears to be an important stage in the battle.
In this month's look at sustainability issues in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argues that, however much has been done in the past in this arena. there is always more that can - and should - be done going forward.
Sustainability has fast become the buzzword of the global drinks industry. In recognition of this, we welcome Ben Cooper as our latest monthly commentator, to consider the importance of sustainability around the world. Here, Ben considers the need for the two sides of the argument to come together, even if they appear poles apart.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts