Sustainability in Drinks
By: Ben Cooper
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
Sponsorship of sporting events by alcohol companies is once again under intense scrutiny, across a number of countries, and pressure on policymakers to regulate against it is increasing. Ben Cooper delves deeper.
Ben Cooper has stumbled upon a term that crops up time and again when it comes to sustainability.
This month, Ben Cooper considers the need for healthy competition among drinks companies when it comes to driving industry-wide sustainability.
The use of excise to combat the rise of obesity has long cast a shadow over the global soft drinks industry. Ben Cooper looks at the latest moves, in the US, and considers the likelihood of success for such a proposal.
The news this month that Castel has seen its wine operations in Ethiopia bear fruit suggests that the effects of climate change are already taking hold in the wine industry. Ben Cooper investigates.
The spotlight in the fight over sugar is on the UK this month. Ben Cooper considers what appears to be an important stage in the battle.
In this month's look at sustainability issues in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argues that, however much has been done in the past in this arena. there is always more that can - and should - be done going forward.
Sustainability has fast become the buzzword of the global drinks industry. In recognition of this, we welcome Ben Cooper as our latest monthly commentator, to consider the importance of sustainability around the world. Here, Ben considers the need for the two sides of the argument to come together, even if they appear poles apart.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review