Sustainability in Drinks
By: Ben Cooper
Every month, Ben Cooper casts his eye over sustainability efforts in the global drinks industry.
The recent problems that the Coca-Cola Co has encountered in India, and the launch by Diageo of its new Water Blueprint, underline once again just how central water stewardship is to the sustainability strategies of major beverage companies.
Almost by default, the craft sectors within the overall drinks industry have healthier sustainability credentials than their larger peers. Ben Cooper looks at what the smaller, newer players could teach the big boys.
When it comes to recycling, the US falls well behind many developed markets. Is it time for companies to pick up the baton in the country? Ben Cooper investigates.
Sponsorship of sporting events by alcohol companies is once again under intense scrutiny, across a number of countries, and pressure on policymakers to regulate against it is increasing. Ben Cooper delves deeper.
Ben Cooper has stumbled upon a term that crops up time and again when it comes to sustainability.
This month, Ben Cooper considers the need for healthy competition among drinks companies when it comes to driving industry-wide sustainability.
The use of excise to combat the rise of obesity has long cast a shadow over the global soft drinks industry. Ben Cooper looks at the latest moves, in the US, and considers the likelihood of success for such a proposal.
The news this month that Castel has seen its wine operations in Ethiopia bear fruit suggests that the effects of climate change are already taking hold in the wine industry. Ben Cooper investigates.
The spotlight in the fight over sugar is on the UK this month. Ben Cooper considers what appears to be an important stage in the battle.
In this month's look at sustainability issues in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper argues that, however much has been done in the past in this arena. there is always more that can - and should - be done going forward.
Sustainability has fast become the buzzword of the global drinks industry. In recognition of this, we welcome Ben Cooper as our latest monthly commentator, to consider the importance of sustainability around the world. Here, Ben considers the need for the two sides of the argument to come together, even if they appear poles apart.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review