Round-Up - New Product Development in the Global Drinks Industry
By: Tom Vierhile, Innovation Insights Director at Datamonitor
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
The next frontier for the beer market is not your local bar or pub, or the beer cooler at your nearby supermarket; it’s your kitchen counter.
The craft cocktail trend that has been percolating in pubs, bars and restaurants worldwide is finally coming home. Craft cocktails are making house calls today, thanks to a fresh generation of innovative mixers that help consumers create new mixed drinks at home.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest entrants into the cold-pressed juices category.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the blending of drinks sectors in the NPD arena.
With CSDs battling the anti-sugar lobby, Tom Vierhile takes a look at an alternative to sweet soft drinks. Let's not knock it until we've tried it, though, okay?
Has Tom Vierhile discovered the sugar-alternative silver bullet?
For a product that has endured more than half a century of consumption declines in the US market alone, fluid milk is behaving surprisingly energetically these days. A flurry of innovation in new cow’s milk products may at last have the potential to revitalise a sector that has been in the doldrums for decades.
The growth of coconut water in the soft drinks category is just the start of it: The tide of plant-based offerings grows only stronger. Tom Vierhile surveys the scene.
Is at-home carbonation set to be the next battleground for the soft drinks industry? Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the sides being taken.
The number of new coffee pod products on the market continues to rise, but environmental concerns threaten to stymie growth. Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor surveys the situation.
Returning from Mexico, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor shares his thoughts on what plastic packaging has to offer, going forward.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the small but booming soft drink sub-category of 'flavour enhancers'; the 21st Century's answer to the squashes and cordials of yore.
Tom Vierhile considers the rise of cider - specifically, hard cider - in many markets around the world.
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor turns his attention to the burgeoning craft distilling scene in the US.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research