just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
Yesterday, SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Co and Gutsche Family Investments – the owner of Coca-Cola Sabco - announced their intention to combine their bottling operations in east and southern Africa. Here, we take a look at the finer detail of the arrangement.
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Here is a quick breakdown of how Australian wine fares in China:
Last month, just-drinks met Oliver Braun, the export and international sales director for Krombacher. Here's a closer look at the German brewer.
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
Earlier today, Diageo announced that it is swapping the 50% of Tequila Don Julio held by Jose Cuervo for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand and US$408m. Here is a closer look at Don Julio.
Here, courtesy of Nielsen, is a list of the top ten wine brands in the UK off-trade for the year to 11 October.
Earlier today, Constellation Brands announced it is branching out into Tequila with the acquisition of Casa Noble . Here just-drinks takes a more detailed look at the brand:
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country.
The owner of Drambuie today (22 May) confirmed that the liqueur is up for sale. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the brand.
Carlsberg today launched a new campaign for its Tuborg beer as it targets 18- to 22-year-olds, particularly in Eastern Europe. Here's just-drinks takes a look at the lager brand and its position in the global market.
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m). Here, just-drinks offers a more detailed look at Emperador:
Earlier today (24 April), Pernod Ricard announced its intention to acquire Kenwood Vineyards in the US. Here's a look at some facts and figures on Kenwood.
Earlier today (16 April) Wine Australia released a report on category exports in the 12 months to the end of March. Here we detail the top 10 markets by volume and value and how they performed:
Earlier today, the Irish Whiskey Association came into being. Here, courtesy of the new trade body, is a map of Ireland's whiskey distilleries.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future