just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Sweden's off-premise channel is dominated by state-owned retailer Systembolaget. With hundreds of outlets across the country, Systembolaget is the exclusive seller of all alcohol above 3.5% abv in Sweden.
Yesterday, Cott Corp announced its intention to acquire office coffee and water supplier Eden Springs for EUR470m (US$525m). Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at Eden Springs.
Late yesterday, Anheuser-Busch InBev said it will team up with Starbucks to launch an RTD Teavana tea across the US.
Yesterday, The Coca-Cola Co and Coca-Cola FEMSA agreed to acquire Unilever's AdeS soy-based beverage business, in a move to bolster their non-carbonates portfolios. Here, we take a closer look at AdeS and why Coca-Cola has bought it.
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. Here's a look at Paddy and its position in the Irish whiskey category and Pernod's portfolio.
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev announced the intended sale of SABMiller's total presence in Central and Eastern Europe. Here's a breakdown of the brands and assets that are now available to purchase.
Earlier this week, US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
Earlier this week, US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest craft brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
China Resources Beer, the joint-owner of Snow with SABMiller, released its full-year results for 2015 this week. The company will soon gain full control of Snow after it agreed a deal with Anheuser-Busch InBev this month, so here's a low-down on the brand, using data from CR Beer's investors presentation.
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari announced its planned takeover of Marnier-Lapostolle. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the French company.
Earlier this week, Bernstein released the fourth edition of its annual global beer guide. With commentary from the sell-side research and brokerage firm, here's a look at the report's significant research conclusions.
just-drinks is in Madrid today as a guest of Mahou San Miguel. Here's a look at how the company has grown to become Spain's beer market leader.
Late yesterday, Diageo announced the divestment of part of its wine operations to Australia-based Treasury Wine Estates (TWE). Here, we take a closer look at what the deal includes:
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller secured an “agreement in principle” for AB InBev to acquire SAB. Here's a breakdown of the proposal.
This week, Anheuser-Busch InBev is holding an investors seminar in China. Here's a low-down on the company's footprint in the country and in Asia Pacific, as well as its expectations for the future, courtesy of data from Nomura and Exane BNP Paribas.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends