just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Yesterday saw the announcement of a merger of three Coca-Cola bottlers in Western Europe. Here, just-drinks looks at the details behind the deal:
Earlier today, Diageo and Heineken announced the dissolution of their joint venture in South Africa and Namibia with Namibian Breweries Ltd (NBL). Here are the full details behind the transaction.
Earlier today, Britvic announced the purchase of Brazilian soft drinks company Empresa Brasileira de Bebidas e Alimentos (EBBA).
Coca-Cola and Coors are the most popular soft and alcoholic drinks, according to Kantar Worldpanel's Brand Footprint report – an annual study of the most chosen FMCG brands globally.
Here, courtesy of the Irish Whiskey Association, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Yesterday, the International Organisation of Vine and Wine released its 2014 report. Here are some key facts it includes on the global wine industry:
Earlier today, Diageo confirmed plans to take full control of UB Group's United National Breweries. The Guinness producer will pay an initial US$22m for the 50% of the sorghum beer producer it does not already own. Here's some facts on United National Breweries:
just-drinks has spent this week visiting Chile as a guest of the country's largest wine producer, Concha y Toro. Here's a closer look at the facts and figures behind Chile's wine industry
Lucas Bols, the Dutch owner of spirits and liqueur brands including Bols and Pisang Ambon, today announced plans to list on the Amsterdam stock exchange in a EUR125m IPO. Here, courtesy of Lucas Bols and just-drinks, is a rundown on the company:
Earlier today, Heineken confirmed that a plan to merge two of its Nigerian units - Nigerian Breweries and Consolidated Breweries - remains on tracks. Minority shareholders in both firms have voted in favour of the deal.
Yesterday, SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Co and Gutsche Family Investments – the owner of Coca-Cola Sabco - announced their intention to combine their bottling operations in east and southern Africa. Here, we take a look at the finer detail of the arrangement.
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Here is a quick breakdown of how Australian wine fares in China:
Last month, just-drinks met Oliver Braun, the export and international sales director for Krombacher. Here's a closer look at the German brewer.
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research