just the Facts
The key facts behind the latest news stories.
Yesterday it emerged that China is to drop duty on imports of Australian wine after the two countries signed a new free trade agreement. Here is a quick breakdown of how Australian wine fares in China:
Last month, just-drinks met Oliver Braun, the export and international sales director for Krombacher. Here's a closer look at the German brewer.
Earlier today, it was confirmed that Greene King is set to swallow up its rival Spirit Pub Co in a GBP773.6m (US$1.24bn) deal. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Suffolk-based brewer and pub operator is getting for its money:
Earlier today, Diageo announced that it is swapping the 50% of Tequila Don Julio held by Jose Cuervo for its Bushmills Irish whiskey brand and US$408m. Here is a closer look at Don Julio.
Here, courtesy of Nielsen, is a list of the top ten wine brands in the UK off-trade for the year to 11 October.
Earlier today, Constellation Brands announced it is branching out into Tequila with the acquisition of Casa Noble . Here just-drinks takes a more detailed look at the brand:
Yesterday (29 May), Diageo announced its intention to spend US$115m on a new whiskey distillery in the US. Here, we look at the company's existing production footprint in the country.
The owner of Drambuie today (22 May) confirmed that the liqueur is up for sale. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the brand.
Carlsberg today launched a new campaign for its Tuborg beer as it targets 18- to 22-year-olds, particularly in Eastern Europe. Here's just-drinks takes a look at the lager brand and its position in the global market.
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled United Spirits for GBP430m (US$729m). Here, just-drinks offers a more detailed look at Emperador:
Earlier today (24 April), Pernod Ricard announced its intention to acquire Kenwood Vineyards in the US. Here's a look at some facts and figures on Kenwood.
Earlier today (16 April) Wine Australia released a report on category exports in the 12 months to the end of March. Here we detail the top 10 markets by volume and value and how they performed:
Earlier today, the Irish Whiskey Association came into being. Here, courtesy of the new trade body, is a map of Ireland's whiskey distilleries.
Earlier this week, reports broke that Pernod Ricard is looking to sell its Becherovka Czech liqueur brand. Here's a list of facts about Becherovka.
Earlier today (31 March), US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest craft brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018