just On Call
We report back from drinks companies' conference calls post-results announcement.
Diageo has conceded that it raised the prices of some of its more mainstream brands in the US too quickly, leading to slowing spirits sales in the company's fiscal first half.
Remy Cointreau's CFO has said the company won't drop Cognac prices in China as it would damage “not only our image, but our DNA”.
Monster Beverage Corp has identified China as one of its long-term priority markets as it continues to step up efforts to enter the country.
The CEO of Brown-Forman has flagged the growth of rival vodka “upstarts” such as Tito's Handmade Vodka as driving a “brutally competitive” vodka category in the US.
SABMiller's CEO has said the company will continue to operate soft drinks separate to beer, despite its new tie-up with The Coca-Cola Co.
Britvic's CEO has said that the company's Robinsons brand will be a “big focus” for next year as it ramps up innovations across a number of products.
The head of SABMiller has said the company has upped its focus on soft drinks in emerging markets in a bid to mirror beer's growth in the same regions.
Gruppo Campari's Skyy vodka brand is recovering in the US despite a slowdown in flavoured vodka, according to the company's CEO.
Carlsberg's CEO has said that Russia may reverse some of the regulations that has seen the country's beer market shrink and brewers close production sites.
The head of MillerCoors has revealed the company remains “very engaged” in looking at acquiring US craft brewers but is being deterred by the price of potential new assets.
Monster Beverage Corp's CEO has described its new partnership with The Coca-Cola Co as a “complicated matrix” that remains at an early stage.
The US hard cider category could triple over the next ten years despite an anticipated slowdown in current growth rates, according to the head of Boston Beer Co.
The CEO of C&C Group has admitted the company is “puzzled” by the speed at which Spirit Pub Co rejected its takeover approach, but would not be drawn on whether this marks the end of the matter.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group's CEO has said that growing sparkling water trends are “here to stay” as the company expands Mexican brand Peñafiel in the US.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has had to cut around 1,300 jobs as its copes with Mexico's new soda tax, but volumes are not being as badly affected as predicted, according to its CFO.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research