The beverage business blog from Chris Mercer
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Chris Mercer.
Is CVC Capital testing the waters for a StarBev exit because it needs the funds to service debt elsewhere?..
More and more French people are using the internet to research wine before going out to buy it, a new survey shows. Might this open up opportunities for foreign wines?..
Here's the thing about China: is anyone actually drinking the wine?..
Cameron leaps aboard the (alcohol) wagon 16 Feb 12
Ever the self-publicist, Prime minister David Cameron is frightened of losing moral ground over excess drinking...
Champagne shocker: The glass matters 10 Feb 12
Do you drink Champagne out of: a) a flute; b) a shallow 'coupe'; or c) the bottle?..
Truman's moving back to London 27 Jan 12
It's become pretty common to dislocate beers from their geographic homeland in the present era of brewing industry consolidation, which is why the Truman's story caught my eye this week...
They shall drink beer, says FIFA 19 Jan 12
Just imagine a football World Cup without beer? Go on, imagine it. You can't, can you? Well, neither can FIFA...
The UK's Portman Group has clattered US-based SAB Enterprises over its Suck & Blow alcoholic jelly tubes...
Coors Light unseats King Bud 11 Jan 12
Coors Light has achieved its expected coup in the US by knocking Budweiser off its perch as the second biggest selling beer in the country...
Australia's ex-prime minister, Bob Hawke, shows how it's done...
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"