just-drinks authors and correspondents
Vasu Majumdar, associate director at Grant Thornton UK LLP
Articles by Vasu Majumdar, associate director at Grant Thornton UK LLP
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters.
As with nearly everything else it’s done, Brewdog’s recent fundraising initiative has been somewhat unusual. While inviting the public to invest in the company through its “Equity for Punks” scheme may be working for the creators of a beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin, this kind of alternative funding isn’t suitable for everyone.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over the place with new offerings, and clear efficiencies to be had when combining systems and processes.
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban