just-drinks authors and correspondents
Tom Vierhile, Innovation Insights Director at Datamonitor
Columns by Tom Vierhile, Innovation Insights Director at Datamonitor
Every month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest NPD in drinks.
Articles by Tom Vierhile, Innovation Insights Director at Datamonitor
The success of craft beer may be one of the biggest success stories in packaged beverages in the last 50 years. Craft beer currently accounts for over 14% of the overall beer market in the US and craft beer production nearly doubled between 2011 and 2014, according to the country's Brewers Association.
The next frontier for the beer market is not your local bar or pub, or the beer cooler at your nearby supermarket; it’s your kitchen counter.
The craft cocktail trend that has been percolating in pubs, bars and restaurants worldwide is finally coming home. Craft cocktails are making house calls today, thanks to a fresh generation of innovative mixers that help consumers create new mixed drinks at home.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the latest entrants into the cold-pressed juices category.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the blending of drinks sectors in the NPD arena.
With CSDs battling the anti-sugar lobby, Tom Vierhile takes a look at an alternative to sweet soft drinks. Let's not knock it until we've tried it, though, okay?
Has Tom Vierhile discovered the sugar-alternative silver bullet?
For a product that has endured more than half a century of consumption declines in the US market alone, fluid milk is behaving surprisingly energetically these days. A flurry of innovation in new cow’s milk products may at last have the potential to revitalise a sector that has been in the doldrums for decades.
The growth of coconut water in the soft drinks category is just the start of it: The tide of plant-based offerings grows only stronger. Tom Vierhile surveys the scene.
Is at-home carbonation set to be the next battleground for the soft drinks industry? Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the sides being taken.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages