just-drinks authors and correspondents
Stuart Whitwell at Intangible Business
Articles by Stuart Whitwell at Intangible Business
News emerged in the UK late last month that 2,500 litres of fake wine and spirits were seized by police in the country as part of the worldwide Operation OPSON, run by Interpol. The counterfeit drinks industry is very much alive and kicking, even in developed markets like the UK, and drinks companies need to be more vigilant if they wish to protect their brands.
In the UK, the Royal Society of Public Health has called for nutritional labels - including calories - to be placed on alcoholic drinks, in order to curb the country's growing obesity epidemic.
This month sees The Coca-Cola Co introduce Coca-Cola Life, a new variant of its namesake CSD brand in the UK. Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business considers the chances of success for the extension.
Whilst reports suggest that overall alcohol consumption is declining, it seems the craft beer industry is capitalising on the public’s over-familiarity with mass-market beer brands and instead turning to more innovative flavours of beer, backed by creative branding and marketing campaigns. Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business surveys the scene.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories.
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role