just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Nestlé Waters has confirmed that exclusive negotiations with Ardèche-based Société des Sources du Pestrin to sell its subsidiary company, Nestlé Waters Supply Centre (NWSC), which bottles the Quézac mineral water brand from a southern France source, have been called off.
Centre Vinicole - Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte has announced record volume sales in 2014 as well as a rise in full-year operating profits and sales against a backdrop of continued economic uncertainty.
Castel has purchased a 5.66% holding in Belvédère. The transaction has been completed within the framework of an agreement with Morocco-based Diana Holdings, the wine and spirits company's single biggest shareholder.
Exports of wines from the Loire Valley region of France last year rose by 1% in volume and 6% in value on 2013, according to figures from trade body InterLoire.
The French division of Nestlé Waters is in talks to offload its Quézac sparkling water brand.
Freixenet-owned Yvon Mau will next month launch two wine-based flavoured drinks - Fruity Touch and Frozen Rosé, marking its entry in what the company describes as "a strong growth segment".
Carlsberg-owned Brasseries Kronenbourg has announced three new product launches in its domestic market for this Spring.
Wine exports from France's Rhône Valley fell in both volume and value in 2014 as the region's sales in the UK and US suffered, latest figures have revealed.
The Château Bastor-Lamontagne, which produces the prestigious Sauternes appelation, has launched a special blend of the sweet Bordeaux white wine aimed at the apéritf and cocktail segment.
Bordeaux wine exports fell 17% by value last year due primarily to falling demand in China, according to latest figures.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review