just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Champagne export sales rose by 4% last year, while volumes also edged up, according to latest figures.
Global Cognac sales by value fell by 11% last year as the industry continued to feel the impact of government measures in China, according to latest figures.
The Commercial Court of Paris has ordered the liquidation of on-line wine trader Heracles, which owns the website 1855.com.
Jus de Fruits d'Alsace (JFA), the France-based fruit and vegetable juice producer, is investing EUR15m (US$17.9m) in a new PET bottling line at its production plant at Sarre-Union.
The Compagnie Financière Européenne de Prises de Participation (COFEPP), which owns French spirits group La Martiniquaise, has extended its footprint in the wine retail segment with the acquisition of Wineandco.com for an undisclosed sum.
Les Domaines Paul Mas has added a further 16 hectares of vineyards to its portfolio, through the extension of the production area at its Château Crès Ricards in Languedoc to 42 hectares.
French syrup maker Monin has confirmed plans to invest EUR30m (US$37.2m) in doubling its production capacity, in response to strong international sales growth.
Coca Cola Enterprises (CCE) is investing EUR30m in a new canning line at one of its production plants in France.
The 2014 harvest in France's Provence wine-growing region will see a rise of around 11% on last year, relieving supply pressures in serving strong domestic and export markets, according to a trade body.
Nestlé's Waters unit is planning to axe 60 jobs at its production plant complex at Vittel-Contrexville, in eastern France.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research