just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
After two years in the doldrums, Bordeaux wines have recorded annual growth in exports, largely due to recovery in the Chinese market, according to trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB).
Provence wine growers will next week welcome a delegation of buyers from the US to a backdrop of spectacular growth in exports of rosé to the market, trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP) reveals.
InVivo Wine has taken a 21% stake in wine co-operative Vinadeis.
Earlier this week, to general surprise, French spirits group La Martiniquaise Bardinet revealed that it has been a long-standing shareholder in Belvedere - since yesterday (30 June) re-named as Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits (MBWS) - and now controls 6.8% of the latter's capital.
French spirits group La Martiniquaise Bardinet is the latest company to have taken a stake in Belvedere.
InVivo has announced a "strategic agreement" with wine co-operative Vinadeis (formerly Val d’Orbieu-Uccoar) and the purchase of Vignobles du Soleil International.
Castel has launched a range of sparking aperitif drinks under the Giola brand name.
French farming and agri-food co-operative InVivo has taken a majority stake in Bordeaux trader Cordier-Mestrezat, marking its entry into the wine sector.
Exports of Cognac have ended 22 consecutive months of decline with shipments posting a slight lift in volumes for the year to the end of April.
Nestlé Waters has confirmed that exclusive negotiations with Ardèche-based Société des Sources du Pestrin to sell its subsidiary company, Nestlé Waters Supply Centre (NWSC), which bottles the Quézac mineral water brand from a southern France source, have been called off.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research