just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
France’s wine and spirits exports registered a second consecutive record year in 2016, according to data released this week.
Heineken has confirmed plans to spend EUR9.3m (US$10m) on one of its three breweries in France.
The Cognac industry set new export records last year for both volumes and value, according to recently-released figures.
Hit by a succession of small wine harvests in recent years, Bordeaux's 2016 crop is set to be the biggest since 2009, easing pressure on the region’s stocks considerably.
French maritime shipping giant CMA CGM is moving into the bottled water market with the creation of a joint-venture company in partnership with the Société des Eaux Minérales d’Ogeu.
French customs officers have dismantled a wine trafficking ring in the Bordeaux region that focused on passing off lower grade products as wines with as 'appellation d'origine contrôlée' (AOC).
Castel Frères has unveiled a EUR100m (US$111.8m) project to modernise production, bottling and storage facilities at its headquarters in Blanquefort, near Bordeaux.
Exports of Bordeaux wines to China have leapt in recent months, although the fallout from the European Union referendum has hit shipments to the UK, recent figures have shown.
The exports of spirits and of still wine from France headed in opposite directions in the first six months of this year, according to recently-released figures.
This year’s Champagne harvest will be one of the smallest in the past 20 years, although quality is set to be high, the Syndicat Général des Vignerons de Champagne (SGVC) has forecast.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends