just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Bordeaux wine exports fell 17% by value last year due primarily to falling demand in China, according to latest figures.
Exports of Alsace wines posted solid growth in volume and value last year, according to figures obtained by just-drinks from the CIVA.
Boisset Family Estates has increased its stake in French counterpart Henri Maire from the 34% it took a year ago to 51%.
Carlsberg-owned Brasseries Kronenbourg is to invest EUR12m this year at its brewery in Obernai, in eastern France in order to adapt production facilities to an ever- expanding range of beers.
The French wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon has seen record exports in 2014, with sales driven by China, according to new figures.
Wine and spirits exports from France have posted their second consecutive year of decline, according to latest figures.
Les Domaines Paul Mas has added another estate to its growing wine business and unveiled plans to extend to its portfolio by a further 200 hectares in 2015.
Groupe Danone has promoted the head of its water business in France to a global role, overseeing its four water brands.
Champagne export sales rose by 4% last year, while volumes also edged up, according to latest figures.
Global Cognac sales by value fell by 11% last year as the industry continued to feel the impact of government measures in China, according to latest figures.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets