just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Champagne export sales rose by 4% last year, while volumes also edged up, according to latest figures.
Global Cognac sales by value fell by 11% last year as the industry continued to feel the impact of government measures in China, according to latest figures.
The Commercial Court of Paris has ordered the liquidation of on-line wine trader Heracles, which owns the website 1855.com.
Jus de Fruits d'Alsace (JFA), the France-based fruit and vegetable juice producer, is investing EUR15m (US$17.9m) in a new PET bottling line at its production plant at Sarre-Union.
The Compagnie Financière Européenne de Prises de Participation (COFEPP), which owns French spirits group La Martiniquaise, has extended its footprint in the wine retail segment with the acquisition of Wineandco.com for an undisclosed sum.
Les Domaines Paul Mas has added a further 16 hectares of vineyards to its portfolio, through the extension of the production area at its Château Crès Ricards in Languedoc to 42 hectares.
French syrup maker Monin has confirmed plans to invest EUR30m (US$37.2m) in doubling its production capacity, in response to strong international sales growth.
Coca Cola Enterprises (CCE) is investing EUR30m in a new canning line at one of its production plants in France.
The 2014 harvest in France's Provence wine-growing region will see a rise of around 11% on last year, relieving supply pressures in serving strong domestic and export markets, according to a trade body.
Nestlé's Waters unit is planning to axe 60 jobs at its production plant complex at Vittel-Contrexville, in eastern France.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Interview - Concha y Toro Marketing Director
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review