just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Wine exports from France's Rhône Valley fell in both volume and value in 2014 as the region's sales in the UK and US suffered, latest figures have revealed.
The Château Bastor-Lamontagne, which produces the prestigious Sauternes appelation, has launched a special blend of the sweet Bordeaux white wine aimed at the apéritf and cocktail segment.
Bordeaux wine exports fell 17% by value last year due primarily to falling demand in China, according to latest figures.
Exports of Alsace wines posted solid growth in volume and value last year, according to figures obtained by just-drinks from the CIVA.
Boisset Family Estates has increased its stake in French counterpart Henri Maire from the 34% it took a year ago to 51%.
Carlsberg-owned Brasseries Kronenbourg is to invest EUR12m this year at its brewery in Obernai, in eastern France in order to adapt production facilities to an ever- expanding range of beers.
The French wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon has seen record exports in 2014, with sales driven by China, according to new figures.
Wine and spirits exports from France have posted their second consecutive year of decline, according to latest figures.
Les Domaines Paul Mas has added another estate to its growing wine business and unveiled plans to extend to its portfolio by a further 200 hectares in 2015.
Groupe Danone has promoted the head of its water business in France to a global role, overseeing its four water brands.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team