just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
The 2014 harvest in France's Provence wine-growing region will see a rise of around 11% on last year, relieving supply pressures in serving strong domestic and export markets, according to a trade body.
Nestlé's Waters unit is planning to axe 60 jobs at its production plant complex at Vittel-Contrexville, in eastern France.
Lactalis, the French dairy group, has launched a sports drink variant of its milk brand Lactel for post-exercise occasions.
Soft drinks producers in France have agreed to reduce sugar content in beverages by 5% in 2015.
Diana Holding, a group whose business spans food processing and winemaking, has said it may look to take control of French drinks group Belvédère.
A tax on energy drinks in France has fallen foul of the country's Constitutional Council for a second time, but could be introduced in another form.
Burgundy growers suffered a 12% slump in export volumes in the first seven months of this year, latest figures show.
Bacardi-Martini has created the position of CEO for Southern Europe.
Export sales of French wine and spirits fell by 7.3% in the first half of this year, according to latest figures.
Burgundy wine producer Domaine Chanzy has confirmed it is planning to float between 20% and 30% of its capital on the London Stock Exchange by the end of year.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review