just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stuart Todd
Danone’s bottled water unit has increased production capacity for its French sparkling mineral water brand, La Salvetat.
French wine group AdVini is in exclusive negotiations to acquire Burgundy-based Béjot Vins et Terroirs (BVT).
Spanish road tankers carrying bulk shipments of wine from the country have been attacked by French growers from the Languedoc region, protesting against what they claim are "cheap imports" from counterparts in both Spain and Italy.
The organisers of the Tour de France have met with wine growers in the country who are unhappy at the race's sponsorship deal with Concha y Toro's Chilean wine brand, Cono Sur.
French wines, spirits reverse exports fall in 2015 - figures
InVivo has confirmed plans to update the offering from its Bordeaux trader Cordier-Mestrezat as it eyes a doubling of sales within five years.
French drinks group Castel has confirmed the sale of a majority stake in Bordeaux estate Château Mirefleurs to its Chinese partner, Changyu.
The French unit of The Coca-Cola Co has recruited Caroline Olliero from Coca-Cola Enterprises as its commercial director.
After two years in the doldrums, Bordeaux wines have recorded annual growth in exports, largely due to recovery in the Chinese market, according to trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB).
Provence wine growers will next week welcome a delegation of buyers from the US to a backdrop of spectacular growth in exports of rosé to the market, trade body the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP) reveals.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends