just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Stefan Kirk
There's no doubt about it, the Coca-Cola Co - Monster Beverage Corp deal is a smart strategic partnership, aligning the two parties in an optimal way in the energy drink category.
Earlier this Summer, I argued that TWE's shareholders should sell out to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR), on the basis that long-term structural changes in the global wine market are unfavourable to TWE's business model.
An undisclosed bidder has apparently offered around US$6bn for San Miguel Corp's majority stake in San Miguel Brewery. The 'elephant in the room' is surely that the bidder in question is Kirin Holdings. Stefan Kirk examines the potential valuation of a potential deal, and the possible add-on consolidation of Mahou San Miguel in Spain.
Last month, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) turned down a US$2.85bn takeover bid from Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR). While an improved bid has not yet materialised, Stefan Kirk from M&A practitioner Glenboden believes that the wine firm's shareholders should ponder selling up sooner rather than later.
On the back of weak results in the first nine months of 2013, Cott Corp confirmed last week that it has appointed Credit Suisse to evaluate all strategic options that “would enhance shareholder value". Stefan Kirk, from M&A practitioner Glenboden, examines some of these options, including geographic diversification, consolidation and private equity.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory